VP, Partner Development Officer
The VP, Partner Development Officer (PDO) is responsible for identifying, developing, and managing relationships with TriumphPay’s key partners. The PDO will work closely with partners to ensure they are successful in achieving their business goals and objectives that are in alignment with the short-term and long-term goals of TriumphPay. The PDM will also be responsible for developing and executing joint business plans, managing partner performance, and providing input on product development. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and managing relationships with partners, as well as experience in direct B2B Sales.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute business plans to drive adoption of TriumphPay products and services by partners.
- Negotiation of mutually beneficial partnership agreements.
- Achieve quarterly and annual targets for partner revenue attainment, service quality, product adoption/integration, and partner satisfaction that align to the executed partner agreements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and build strong relationships with assigned partners, meeting regularly with business, technical and customer teams to ensure mutual value and effectiveness of the partnership.
- Understand partner’s business goals and objectives and guide them into alignment with TriumphPay’s goals to support mutual success.
- Work with partners to create joint go-to-market plans and programs.
- Train and enable partners on TriumphPay products and services.
- Monitor partner performance and develop strategies for improvement.
- Escalate and resolve partner issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive partner success.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and news relevant to assigned partners.
- Drive growth in existing and new markets, targeting strategic technology partners to enhance product functionality and distribution.
- Identify industry trends and gaps, crafting client-focused solutions to drive revenue through partnerships within transportation and logistics.
- Attend and participate in industry events relevant to assigned partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or translatable work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the transportation industry
- Proven track record (5+ years) in developing strategic partnerships.
- Experience collaborating with global partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with a knack for creative communication.
- Self-starter with a collaborative approach and a drive to hit performance targets.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in the software industry.
- Experience in fintech and working with payments companies preferred but not required.
- Experience working with global technology partners.
The work environment characteristics described here may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
- Ability to work in a confined area
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Occasional stooping or kneeling may be necessary
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job due to computer work
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- 40-50% travel