SVP, Senior Relationship Manager
The SVP, Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for providing sophisticated financial solutions and services to our commercial accounts. Advanced knowledge of commercial lending strategies; including C&I, CRE, Energy and Treasury Services is required.
This individual will also be responsible for managing the portfolios, which include the largest, most complex deals. While there will be a high influx of business deals referred into this role, the ideal candidates will have experience in developing new business and building strong relationships with prospective clients.
Why Consider this Role?
- TBK bank is a part of Triumph Financial which is involved in multiple B2B industries, which is why this role consistently receives so many referrals for commercial lending.
- This individual will not have to pass off potential deals regardless of industry. If we are able to find a way to service the deal responsibly, this individual will be able to add it to the portfolio. All while receiving analyst support for the majority of the admin work.
- This role provides a high level of exposure as a large amount of referrals come directly from our leadership board.
- This individual will have up to a $500K credit approval. With larger deals going to a team for further approval.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cross-selling all appropriate bank products within existing client base and in new relationship development to develop full relationships
- Including bank product specialists in client calls and partnering with them in call planning, proposal generation and relationship strategy development
- Developing proposals for banking services based on sound credit and operational principles and utilize bank profitability modeling resources to ensure opportunities meet or exceed the bank’s profitability objectives
- Obtaining all information necessary for thorough credit underwriting and preparation of a complete loan approval package
- Approving loans within specified limits or refers the loan to the appropriate loan committee for approval
- Reviewing loan documentation to ensure accuracy, completeness, compliance with approval conditions and loan policy as well as compliance with regulatory requirements
- Identifying opportunities for referrals to other lines of business and coordinating introductions
- Utilizing strong credit risk management and portfolio administration practices to identify and mitigate potential credit loss exposure within the assigned portfolio
- Proactively monitoring industry trends along with borrower payment and financial performance to identify early signs of credit stress with individual borrowers and overall portfolio red flags.
- Escalating emerging credit or other relationship concerns to management
- Completing loan renewals and modifications prior to maturity
- Maintaining compliance with and full knowledge of bank loan policy and procedures and staying abreast of changes thereto
- Adhering to Triumph’s core values
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business of Finance preferred or a combination of banking experience and/or degree
- Seven to ten years of experience in complex lending to large and middle market borrowers.
- In depth credit knowledge and experience required
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and compliance matters as they relate to commercial borrowers and depositors
- Formal credit training preferred
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to evaluate and develop creative solutions while maintaining strong credit and pricing discipline
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
The work environment characteristics described here may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Occasional stooping or kneeling may be necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone.
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.