Senior Product Manager
TriumphPay is expanding our solutions for global enterprise shippers! Come be part of the team that is creating the first payments network for global logistics and help us define, build, market, sell, deliver and support solutions that provide payment automation, fraud risk reduction, and working capital improvements to global shippers and their LSPs. The TriumphPay network already spans over 160,000 LSPs and touches over $37 billion in freight today. But we’re only getting started. So if you are committed to personal excellence, humility and the success of your fellow team members and customers, we want you to be part of TriumphPay - where everyday, we are helping people TRIUMPH!
Position Summary: The Senior Product Manager will have supply chain industry knowledge that will inform the strategy and drive execution for the Shipper Vertical Product in a fast-paced, changing environment. They will collaborate with subject matter experts on the specific workings, features and function of our software modules including our partner’s systems. They will work with the development team and business stakeholders to define features and functionality with an end goal of meeting business requirements and delivering best-in-class applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in priority setting for development initiatives by facilitating discussions with business stakeholders, development teams and user experience designers
- Consult with stakeholders to understand business problems and translate them into user stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Create detailed roadmaps, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports
- Develop user stories and acceptance criteria for applications that define the business requirements, according to exiting standards and methodologies based on a comprehensive understanding of TriumphPay’s operational needs.
- Document detailed systems design specifications and components (e.g., user screens, program logic, calculations, formats, reports, interfaces, etc.)
- Work with development teams using Agile methodologies to ensure value is being delivered on each sprint
- Proactively stay up to date and informed of any change, or planned change that will impact the user community and document/communicate changes
- Work closely with development teams to manage the execution of projects on time and within budget
- Participate in systems acceptance testing activities
- Manage vendor relationships and/or resources as needed
- Provide problem resolution and enhancement support for production applications
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years product management experience in a professional environment supporting multi-function project team’s designers, software engineers, and QA
- Experience in the transportation industry and/or finance and payments
- Experience with products that were designed for Fortune 2000 global deployments, including familiarity with enterprise back-office systems, ERP and TMS
- Experience with agile implementation methodologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and experience with collaborative application development platforms like Azure DevOps or JIRA
- Development experience a plus
Skills & Abilities Required:
The successful candidate will possess software development and business process experience, transportation industry knowledge, leadership and management expertise, analytical and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Experience supporting multi-function software development teams with at least 5-10 team members including designers and developers
- Prior experience with leading project idealization to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to flex communication style with technical and non-technical users
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills self-motivated and reliable, drive to hit performance targets in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with and influence personnel
- Strong Collaborative skills with an ability to effectively communicate with both technical teams and non-technical business users/leaders
- Strong and focused team player and a consensus builder
- Ability to sift through details quickly and determine what’s important
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment; strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Passion for and a desire to delight the customer
- Ability to travel ~25% of the time
The work environment characteristics described here maybe encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Occasional stooping or kneeling may be necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone.
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.