Senior Network Engineer
Position Summary: The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the communications architecture and design. The successful candidate will have a broad background in Network Engineering with experience building and supporting a wide range of networking equipment with an emphasis on Cisco and Fortinet. The Senior Network Engineer should be quick to grasp new concepts, thorough in exploring the depths of an issue and persistent in understanding root cause of issues. This role requires strong interpersonal skills due to continual interaction with managers and users with varying technical backgrounds in a fast-paced work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Provides technical leadership for all network communications services in the organization.
· Maintains documented procedures for network infrastructure.
· Creates and maintains detailed architectural diagrams (Microsoft Visio).
· Collaborates with team members and software/hardware vendors to design, implement and test systems.
· Requires working during non-business hours, including weekends and holidays.
· Proactively seeks information and utilizes analytical and creative problem solving to create secure and reliable systems, applications, and infrastructure.
· Accountability on the use of services, handling of sensitive data, and resolving incidents and requests in compliance with FFIEC regulations. Creating and updating network documentation, performing network assessments and reporting results.
· Contributes to research and evaluation of new enterprise technologies.
· Stays current with advances in technologies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
The successful candidate will possess business operations experience and skills, leadership and management expertise, analytical and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM):
o Advanced technical certifications in Fortinet, Cisco or Palo Alto highly desirable.
· Minimum of ten years’ experience as a Network Engineer or similar role, working with Fortinet Fortigate firewalls, switches and wireless; Cisco routers and switches; Cisco Nexus 9K spine/leaf data center switching; and cloud networking configuration/support (Azure, AWS).
Skills & Abilities Required
· High degree of personal integrity.
· Works on more than one task at a time and manages work effectively by prioritizing own assignments, schedules, and meetings resulting in timely completion of work.
· Must be able to receive and follow instructions given by management, develop solutions to unique problems.
· The applicant should be eager to learn and obtain relevant technical certifications.
· Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network design, including familiarity with applicable RFCs.
· Ability to leverage tools to perform day-to-day administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration (such as backup, restore, failover, log interpretation, packet capture/trace analysis, and network performance monitoring).
· Advanced understanding of layer 2 networking (both wired and wireless).
· Experience with Palo Alto and/or Fortinet firewalls within the last 2 years.
· Experience building and maintaining enterprise layer 3 networks within the last 2 years.
· Experience with Azure networking within the last 2 years.
· Experience supporting voice/video over data networks within the last 2 years.
· Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Nexus switches within the last 2 years.
· Experience designing, building and supporting Fortinet SDWAN, including use of FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer
· Experience building, maintaining and troubleshooting a variety of WAN connectivity mediums, including MPLS, ELINE, and site-to-site VPNs.
· Expert-level knowledge of network security best practices and design considerations.
· Expert-level knowledge with various routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, & EIGRP).
· Expert-level knowledge of implementing, managing and troubleshooting network performance, including quality of service.
· Scripting experience (Ansible, TCL, Perl, VBS, Java, etc.) preferred.
· Familiarity with virtualized environments preferred (VMWare).
· CCNP, NSE-5, or equivalent experience required; CCIE/NSE-6+ preferred.
· Advanced Microsoft, Palo Alto, VMWare, AWS, etc., certifications a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
· Ability to work in a confined area.
· Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Occasional stooping or kneeling may be necessary.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone.
· Light to moderate lifting is required.
· Regular, predictable attendance is required, with in-office presence required 3+ days per week
· Participation in on-call rotation required