The Sales Engineer (SE) supports the sales and integrations team productivity and deal flow by securing the "technical close" in complex solutions. The SE collaborates with sales, operations, engineering, technical support resources, and vendors to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision makers. The SE will be required to be on-site during new client implementations in order to provide onsite technical expertise and solution engineering and will act as an extension of the sales team. The SE is responsible for supporting senior sales engineers with the integration and onboarding process.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support senior sales engineers through the technical integration and onboarding process
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by leadership.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with sales, operations, and integrations teams to align solution design with business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s "technical close" and successful go-live.
- Design, analyze, code, test, debug and support custom integrations to support new customer implementations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in sales team supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered
- Utilize analytical, process and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope.
- Communicate project issues and/or risks in a timely manner.
- Identify critical paths to meet business deadlines.
- Be able to operate in a highly regulated environment (SOX Compliance).
The successful candidate will possess business operations experience and skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- 1-3 years’ experience in sales, sales engineering or project management in a professional environment.
- Willingness to learn about technical integrations and the transportation industry
- Strong technical, logical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent skills and experience.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: REQ-2677