Client Service Associate
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Profiles new and existing customers to better serve their financial needs; informs and advises customers of appropriate bank products/services that will make their life easier, save them time, or save them money.
- Provide high quality, high touch service to Retail, Commercial and Concierge clients in person, by phone and email.
- Provides exceptional customer service by standing to welcome the customer, using the customer’s name, taking responsibility for the customer, thanking the customer by name and exceeding the customer’s expectations.
- Prepares and compiles new customer information in accordance with the banks CIP and know your Customer policies.
- Opens new accounts; ensures completeness and accuracy of documentation including scanning into the system, and timely follow up on missing or incomplete documents.
- Successfully completes Account/File Maintenance with proper documentation.
- Helps customers with items such as Stop Payments, Debit Card Orders/Reorders, Debit Card Disputes, IRAs, Heath Savings Accounts, Wire Transfers, Directo-a-Mexico, Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
- Takes initiative to answer customer phone calls/email, takes ownership of their issue, takes proper steps to resolve their issue and provides the customer with appropriate feedback in a timely manner.
- Promptly responds to customer’s inquiries and requests regarding account and suggests resolutions for account disputes and other account activity.
- Continues to build relationships with current customers to maintain goodwill and gain additional business.
- Actively participates in meeting retail branch goals and events.
- Professionally makes quality referrals to other areas of the bank and bank partners such as Commercial Lending, Consumer Lending, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, or the Mortgage Partner in your area, etc.
- Works professionally with, and generate goodwill between the retail banking department and other internal departments.
- Generates new business to assist in meeting established profitability goals.
- Performs all customer transactions and inputs them into the computer system in accordance with established procedures. Cashes checks, receives cash for deposit, verifies amounts, verifies customer balances and examines checks for appropriate signatures and endorsements.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds in accordance with regulations.
- Monitors customer account activity and transactions in order to identify possible fraud.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift in comparison to computer totals. Maintains appropriate cash levels in teller drawer in accordance with the security policy. Complies with the Teller Over and Short Procedure.
- Processes savings bonds, branch capture, cashier's checks, and other items based on branch.
- Allows customers access to safe deposit boxes following specified procedures.
- Assists tellers with balancing daily transactions.
- May assist in balancing vault.
- Assists with managing the branch refreshment station, Concierge SWAG, special events and conference room scheduling
- Provides various onsite services at client’s workplace, home, or requested destination. Services include delivery/pick up of account documentation, notary services, deposit pick up, etc.
- Actively participates in daily branch Daily Plan It’s and weekly branch meetings.
- Completes required training within prescribed deadlines to develop an understanding of banking industry and banking regulations and job skills.
- Protects and safeguards customer information and bank property.
- Adheres to all bank and regulatory requirements and participates in required training.
- Actively participates in local community and bank sponsored events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must be 18 years old
- Six to twelve months of bank teller experience preferred
- Customer service, sales or cross selling experience desired
Skills & Abilities Required
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office, word processing and email systems
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Able to travel to various TBK Bank locations for training and to perform other duties as assigned. Travel expenses are reimbursed per policy.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: REQ-1767